Inspect either manifold stud for breakage, if breakage is noted, perform the repair procedure outlined below.
1996 – 1999 (AN) Dakota
1991 – 1992 (MJ) Comanche
1997 – 1999 (TJ) Wrangler
1991 – 1999 (XJ) Cherokee
1991 – 1995 (YJ) Wrangler
NOTE: This information applies to Jeep vehicles equipped with a 2.5L engine.
This bulletin involves replacing both outer mounting studs, clamps, andnuts with new parts and tightening the outer studs to a reduced torqueof 180 in.lbs. (20 Nm).
1) Remove the intake/exhaust manifold per service manual procedures to gain access to the broken stud(s).
2) Remove the outer studs from the cylinder head. Use a stud removal tool if possible or drill the broken stud from the head.
3) Install two new outer studs p/n 06036193AA into the cylinder block. Torque the studs to 126 in.lbs. (14 Nm).
4) Clean any carbon deposits or debris from the exhaust manifold.
5) Reinstall the exhaust manifold. **Use only the new parts listed above to attach the outer ends (Figure 1).
6) Torque the bolts in the order and specification as listed in Figure 1.
Some or all of this information was provided by the AutomotiveParts Remanufacturers Association (APRA). For more information ontechnical bulletins available through APRA call 703-968-2772 or visit www.AutoBulletins.com.
Engine Builder Staff
Latest posts by Engine Builder Staff (see all)
- Schumann Energy Recovery Oil Pump - Aug 20, 2014
- Milwaukee Torque Lock Gripped Locking Tools - Aug 20, 2014
- Propane Industry Unveils ‘Propane Clean American Energy’ Tagline - Aug 20, 2014