AAIA Releases Newly-Expanded 2009 Aftermarket Factbook & Lang Annual
The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) has released its newly-expanded 2009 Aftermarket Factbook & Lang Annual
, featuring more than 300 pages of one-of-a-kind industry trends and analysis.
Now conveniently compiled in a single publication is the 98-page traditional AAIA Aftermarket Factbook
and the 210-page Lang Aftermarket Annual
. Hundreds of trends cover six distribution channels, 16 outlets, 20 markets and 80 products.
"Our goal has been to harmonize the AAIA and Lang datasets being used by public companies and the financial community as it pertains to aftermarket size and scope," said Kathleen Schmatz, AAIA president and CEO.
Filled with charts, tables, graphs and explanatory text, the 2009 Aftermarket Factbook & Lang Annual
- Key economic and financial indicators.
- Technician employment and wages.
- Financial profiles of selected aftermarket companies.
- DIY consumer and vehicle demographics.
- Replacement rates for motor vehicle parts and jobs.
- Purchases and installation of aftermarket accessories.
- Sales of automotive chemicals and fluids.
- Information on key aftermarket segments (medium and heavy duty; paint, body and equipment; tool and equipment; etc.).
- Hybrid vehicles.
- U.S. motor vehicle registrations and sales, operating costs and miles traveled.
- Gas mileage tips.
- State summary statistics.
- Global economic and automotive data including car and truck sales, GDP, population, roadways, U.S. imports and exports and vehicle registrations by country.
- Information on the Canadian, Mexican, Chinese and Indian aftermarkets.
Lang Annual Section:
- Sales volume analysis of 80 key products.
- Service market product volume by major type of service outlet.
- DIY product volume by major type of retail outlet.
- Number of jobbers in the U.S. and by geographic area.
- Distribution analysis by five major channels.
- Changes in vehicle mix.
- Bay population by major service outlet groups.
* Analysis of growth by major aftermarket segment:
- Service market
- DIY market.
- Domestic vehicle market
- Foreign vehicle market
- Distribution channels
- Vehicle type
* More than 14 forecasts of 2009 key aftermarket trends, including:
- Passenger car product share
- Light truck product share
- Number of jobbers
- Number of auto parts stores
The 2009 Aftermarket Factbook & Lang Annual is available at the AAIA member price of $650 and for non-members at $1,300. To order any of these publications, contact AAIA at 301-654-6664. You may also place your order online through AAIA's Commerce Center at www.aftermarket.org.
Additional News Articles >>