Paul ‘Scooter’ Brothers of COMP Performance Group will serve as
chairman-elect of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
beginning Aug. 1. Members of the 46-year old association voted Brothers
to fill the position that was held for the past two years by Rick
Rollins of Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting.
Rollins begins his role as of chairman on Aug. 1. He, along with
Brothers and 22 others on the SEMA Board of Directors, will guide the
association in addressing the most pressing industry issues for the
next two years.
“Rick and Scooter are both industry veterans who have proven track
records for knowing and understanding what’s important and relevant to
the industry,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We are
fortunate to have such dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers leading
the association during these challenging times.”
The 2009–2010 SEMA Board of Directors is an esteemed group of industry professionals, including four newly elect members: Joel Ayres of Truck Accessories Group, Jeff Bates of Bob Cook Sales, Laurel Dasher of
Superchips Inc. and Zan Martin of Martin & Co. Advertising.
The 2009–2010 SEMA Board of Directors roster is as follows:
• Chairman: Rick Rollins, Rollins Performance Marketing/Consulting
• Chairman-Elect: Paul “Scooter” Brothers, COMP Performance Group
• Immediate Past Chairman: Jim Cozzie
• Ralph Accinno, Racers Equipment Warehouse Inc.
• Gale Banks, Gale Banks Engineering
• Luanne Brown, eTool Developers
• Joel Ayres, Truck Accessories Group
• Jeff Bates, Bob Cook Sales
• Laurel Dasher, Superchips Inc.
• Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors Inc.
• Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
• Ron Funfar, Hedman Hedders/Trans-Dapt
• Dennis Gage, “My Classic Car,” Bradley David Productions
• BJ Leanse, Big Country Truck Accessories
• Zan Martin, Martin & Co. Advertising
• Bob Moore, Bob Moore & Partners
• Tony Napoli, American Speed Center
• Ed Orzetti, Keystone Automotive Operations Inc.
• Mike Spagnola, Street Scene Equipment
• David Stutts, Hot Rod Air Inc.
• Chris Thomson, AIRAID Filter Co.
• Tim Watts, Superlift Suspension Systems
• Van Woodell, Weathers Auto Supply
• Jeep Worthan, Auto Meter
• Dave Wrobleski, Jim Wrobleski & Co. Inc.
Dan Gresham of Coutant Capital will serve as the new
secretary/treasurer for the board, while Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon
& Deane continues as general counsel.
“Our industry is undergoing unprecedented change and challenge,” said
Kersting. “This is a time when the industry’s association can prove
extremely valuable. We appreciate the talented volunteers on the SEMA
Board who have committed to help the industry with their service.”
The newly elected members will take the oath of office at the SEMA
Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, taking place Saturday, Aug.
1, in Pasadena, Calif. Also during the event, outgoing board members
Larry Erickson of Erickson Design, Richard Sherman of SLP Performance
Parts and Mark Toebben of DCi will be recognized and thanked for their
contributions to the industry, and a special tribute will be made as
Rolan “Jeep” Worthan, the late Henry “Smokey” Yunick and the late Bill
Perry are introduced as the 2009 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees.
The Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser is part of SEMA
Leadership Days, July 30 – Aug. 1. During the three-day event, current
and future leaders of the automotive specialty-equipment industry will
participate in educational programming, networking, recognition and
leadership activities in Pasadena, Calif. Individuals attending the
SEMA Leadership Days can play an essential role in helping to determine
the future direction of the association and industry. Details and
tickets are available at www.sema.org/LeadershipDays.