When ordering parts, engine builders at times may have some questions regarding a component. The following are common technical questions regarding ACL performance engine bearings.
Q What is the maximum power rating of your Race Series bearings?
A The power rating of the engine can be tweaked in many ways that have correspondingly different effects on the load and stress borne by the bearings.
• Increasing red line engine speed,
• Increasing turbo boost / cylinder pressure,
• Changed timing & cam profiles,
• Using low viscosity oils and/or high engine temperatures,
• Changing crankshaft / connecting rod / piston design,
• Modifying cylinder dimensions (boring out, stroking, decking cylinder head,
A The ACL Race Series Bearings that contain an X suffix have an extra +0.001″ oil clearance over a STD sized bearing. These bearings are only available in the STD size.
Q Some of the ACL Race Series bearings contain a D suffix. What does this mean?
A The ACL Race Series Bearings that contain an D suffix contain a dowel hole locator in the lower half. This is designed for engines that use dowel pins, but can also be used in engines without dowel pins.