Egge began its life as an automotive repair shop in Plainview, TX in 1915. The original name was “E.N. Egge Auto,” named after its founder E.N. Egge. E.N. repaired anything and everything that came into his shop. As the business progressed, he developed the ability to sand cast aluminum pistons, primarily because replacement pistons were simply not available. In the early 1920s E.N. moved the company to downtown Los Angeles where it remained for many years. Eventually his two sons, Nels and Sy, joined the company and they began to experiment with permanent steel molds to make pistons. Shortly after E.N. died, Sy began Egge Marine and specialized in marine applications. Nels Egge took over the operations of the original company and relocated the business to Gardena, CA in 1958. Nels improved his ability to cast permanent mold pistons when he purchased a quantity of molds from a major OE manufacturer who deemed the molds ‘obsolete’. Nels moved the company to its current location in Santa Fe Springs in the early ‘70s and eventually turned the company over to his son, Robert.