Prospective customers need to see the name of your company at least seven times before they even think about making a purchase from you. Advertising is expensive, and advertising needed to reach customers seven times can drain a budget.
Incorporate some of these easy actions to make your promotion efforts more effective and dollar more efficient:
• Whatever the medium, make your ads as eye- (or ear-) catching as possible. Memorable – not cheesy – ads get noticed and get remembered.
• Repetition is key. Take advantage of frequency discounts.
• Avoid putting all your ad dollars into one or two huge ads when you can take the same dollars and buy more smaller ads over a greater period of time.
• With radio, try to buy a package that provides a lot of daily exposure over a month.
• Never accept the quoted price for radio spots. Radio ad prices are almost always negotiable.
• Don’t change your print or radio ads just for the sake of change. Consistency, like repetition, builds an image for your business.
Article courtesy of TIRE REVIEW.