Performance Trends has released a new Quick Cam Checker, which is a very affordable and quick way to measure your camshaft in the motor. Simply place the 2 valve lift sensors on the retainers, place the rotary sensor on anything which spins with the motor (pulley, belt, etc), and replace the spark plug with the pressure sensor and you’re ready to go. Now crank the motor over with the starter and press the Record button, and in 3 to 5 revs of the motor, the cam is measured. This system is ideal for track inspectors because it requires very little tear down of the motor and is quick.
• Two 1.5” precision lift sensors with universal mounting bracket.
• Rotary sensor with universal mounting bracket.
• Pressure sensor for TDC determination.
• Microprocessor based logger with display screen to record and display results.
• No computer needed, but free software included for uploading results via USB cable.
• Software provides for analysis, printouts and graphs.
• Results include centerlines, lift, duration and events at most any user specified lift.
For more information: www.performancetrends.com