The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) has announced the Top 10 finalists in the third annual SEMA Battle of the Builders competition – the event that determines the builder the aftermarket community considers best.
The 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition began with 250 vehicles entered into the annual competition by vehicle builders and car customizers from across the United States. These builders represent an elite group of individuals who have demonstrated extreme talent, creativity and craftsmanship in modifying cars, trucks and SUVs.
The 2016 Battle of the Builders Top Ten finalists are (in alpha order):
- Brad DeBerti, 2017 Ford Raptor, Young Gun
- Jeremy & Phil Gerber, 1967 Chevy Chevelle Onyx, Young Gun
- Jesse Greening, 1961 Chevy 2 Door Sedan
- Big Mike, 1992 Honda Prelude, Young Gun
- Cam Miller 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Mike & Jim Ring, 1948 Cadillac
- Mike & Jim Ring, 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Gordon Ting, 2016 Prius
- Kyle Tucker, 1941 Willys 2 Door Coupe
- Mark Turner, 1958 Jeep FC170
Top ten judging will take place at the SEMA Show on Friday and will be filmed for a nationwide television special that will air on a later date. Each of the Top Ten finalists will vote for the coveted title of the winner of the Battle of the Builders competition.
The SEMA Battle of the Builders winner will be announced at SEMA Ignited, taking place after the trade-only SEMA Show closes, on Friday, November 4, from 3-10 pm across from the Las Vegas Convention Center.