Edelbrock has announced the AVS2 Series as the next generation of their carburetor product line. The AVS2 carburetor features annular flow primary boosters with a new calibration for improved off-idle and cruising performance.
The annular flow booster design delivers improved fuel atomization to eliminate flat spots that may be encountered when the carburetor transitions from idle to full throttle. Each annular booster features eight, equally-spaced orifices to improve fuel metering from idle to the main. The improved flow metering makes this carburetor ideal for use with a wide variety of small-block and big-block engines with either dual- or single-plane intake manifolds.
This new square-flange carburetor is available in 650 cfm with electric choke (#1906) or manual choke (#1905). These carburetors also feature: metering jets – Primary .101, Secondary .098; metering jets – .070 x .037; step-up spring – orange (5″ Hg). Like the Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS carburetor, this new design also retains the Air Valve Secondary for quick fine tuning across the RPM range for optimal performance.
AVS2 carburetors are intended for use on pre-pollution controlled vehicles only. This includes all vehicles that were manufactured before emissions control regulations were imposed.
AVS2 Features Include:
- Annular flow primary boosters for improved fuel atomization from idle to full throttle
- Booster features eight equally-spaced orifices to improve fuel metering
- Can potentially improve mileage in some applications
- Available in 650 cfm with electric choke (#1906), and manual choke (#1905)
- Manufactured at the Edelbrock Carburetor facility in Sanford, North Carolina for absolute quality and performance