The Victor DR-23 Cylinder Head #614468 for Chevy big block engines is Edelbrock’s third generation of the Victor Chevy BB head. This bare cylinder head is fully CNC ported with a race-oriented design for those who demand a high-performance head with durability that they can rely on.
These heads retain the use of conventional intake manifolds and take full advantage of the improved capability of new manifolds with revised intake and exhaust valve locations, improved spark plug placement, and a new water jacket that is more head porter friendly than previous heads, for our Pro-Port versions #614469.
The DR-23 head is designed in-house and manufactured in the USA at Edelbrock’s casting foundry in Southern California. The DR-23 have a stock Chevy head bolt pattern but it should be noted that these heads require a shaft rocker system and are designed to be used with Edelbrock seven-bolt valve covers which are sold separately under part number #4259.
EDELBROCK DR-23 HEAD FEATURES:
- HIP processing eliminates imperfections and increases strength
- 2.40-in intake valves, 1.88-in exhaust valves, 119cc chamber volume
- 11/32-inch-diameter manganese-bronze valve guides
- Special C.H.E. Precision B1 and BX alloy valve seats
- Accessory bosses on the cylinder head ends
- Port volume: 377cc intake and 128cc exhaust
- 55-degree seat angles
- Heli-Coils for the exhaust bolt holes
- Raised exhaust port exit
- Horsepower range: 800-1,000