Ajusa recently launched a new gasket former marketed under the Ajustick brand. It is a single-component anaerobic sealant (methacrylic anaerobic resin) of medium mechanical strength designed to seal metal components with machined surfaces.
Ideal for sealing metal components of aluminum alloys or machined steel as rocker covers, timing covers, oil pans, oil or coolant pumps and gearboxes and gearboxes cover.
Designed in an easy-to-apply format, Ajustick meets the highest requirements for quality, production, durability and precision. Both in its YouTube channel and in its APP Ajusa Mobile, Ajusa makes available a video tutorial in which it explains step by step how to apply the product.
ADVANTAGES OF THE ANAEROBIC SEALANT
- Does not need oxygen for curing. The product cures when it is confined in the absence of air and between mechanized steel or aluminum metallic surfaces.
- It provides a high temperature resistance and a strong sealing which can flex with the movement caused by vibrations, pressure variations and / or thermal changes.
- Allows to fill gaps up to 0.30 mm.
- It can be used in applications in contact with oil, grease, water, air, hydrocarbons, coolant liquids and many other chemicals.
- Temperature resistance -50ºC to 150ºC (180º briefly).
In addition to Ajustick, the chemical line of Ajusa is completed with the silicone sealant Ajusil. Both products have a QR code on their label through which you can access the product data sheet.
1. Clean the surfaces area leaving them free of grease, oil and old sealant residues. Do not use metal tools to avoid possible damage in these areas.
2. Apply a continuous amount on one of the surfaces, taking care to not apply an excess. Remove excess. This excess can cause overflow when the parts are tightened, obstructing oil/coolant holes or contaminating them.
3. In certain applications, especially in those whose surfaces contain oil holes, its necessary to extend the product with a non-absorbent roller.
4. Join the components to be sealed before 15-25 minutes after the sealing application.
5. Perform tightening procedure immediately, according to specifications on the workshop manual.
6. Total cure it is produced in 24 hours. This time may vary depending on the material to be sealed, the clearance and the ambient temperature (time for a temperature range between + 20 ° C to + 25 ° C. For low temperatures from + 5 ° C to + 20 ° C the cure time is increased. Higher temperatures than + 25 ° C reduces the cure time).