The TREMEC TKX is the new 5-speed in town. TREMEC has historically based their aftermarket transmissions on their highly successful OE models such as the Magnum T-56 and the T-5; the TKX is a brand new design made from the ground up as a strictly aftermarket transmission.
Designed to fit classic muscle cars and custom builds, the TKX has a compact, streamlined case. The triple cone synchronizer design carried over from the Magnum makes for smoother shifts. Capable of shifting at 7,500 rpm, the TKX also can easily handle 600 ft.-lbs. of torque. The TKX runs both electronic and mechanical speedometers and its electronic speedo output doubles as a VSS.
American Powertrain provides a mid-shift conversion as well as a new line up of their famous White Lightning shifter upgrades. The White Lightning Shifter features over 60 additional shifter locations to help get the new TKX set up for your muscle car, truck or custom project. American Powertrain also produces highly customized direct fit versions of the TKX for classic Corvettes and Mopars. The TKX is covered by a 12-month factory warranty which American Powertrain backs up with their own two year warranty.
Additional features include:
- Designed for multiple applications with little to no floor pan modifications
- Compact, end-loaded design provides the perfect solution for custom builds
- Outstanding shift-ability at high RPMs (up to 7,500) to match modern, high-performance
- 600 pound-foot (lb.-ft.) of torque capacity
- Single overdrive reduces engine wear and fuel consumption for comfortable roadway driving