“The new Corvette Z06 defines the American supercar,” said General Motors President Mark Reuss. “It builds on the distinctive design and groundbreaking dynamics introduced with the mid-engine Corvette and elevates them to deliver refined but uncompromising track capability with world-class performance.”
The Z06 features an all-new 5.5L LT6, the highest horsepower, naturally-aspirated V-8 to hit the market in any production car. An all-new flat-plane crankshaft design entices offers 8,600 rpm.
“Racing was the reason the Z06 was developed in 1963, and it continues to support development of the road models that make them better on the street and the track,” said Tadge Juechter, executive chief engineer, Corvette. “It also means we’ve tested the Z06 on the best tracks around the world, from Circuit of the Americas here in the United States, to the Nürburgring in Germany.”
Additional highlights of the 2023 Corvette Z06 include:
• Unique front and rear fascias, a first for Z06. The front fascia is designed to optimize the Z06’s cooling needs, including channeling air to a center heat exchanger, which is one of five for maximum cooling performance
• A unique, standard reconfigurable rear spoiler with adjustable wickerbill elements designed to improve high-speed stability and cornering capability on a race track
• Standard 20-inch front and 21-inch rear forged aluminum “spider” wheels (with five available finishes) — the largest wheels ever available on a production Corvette
• Available lightweight and rigid carbon fiber wheels that deliver a 41-pound reduction in unsprung mass, which is designed to contribute to more agile and responsive handling
• Specific suspension tuning, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, and six-piston front brakes
• Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission with a specific, 5.56 final drive ratio
• Elevated cockpit surrounding the driver, including more carbon fiber trim and new options
• Available Z07 performance package provides 734 pounds of downforce at 186 mph, more than any Corvette ever. It includes a carbon fiber high rear wing and ground effects, specific chassis tuning, specific Magnetic Ride Control calibration, and Michelin Cup 2 R ZP tires, along with Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes and optional carbon fiber wheels
For more information on the car, visit the Chevrolet website here.