Businessman Don Scott—the former partner at Central Illinois Dragway in Havana, Illinois—has announced the new World Drag Racing Alliance (WDRA) sanctioning body for drag racing.
Scott Gardner, the multi-track owner and former president of the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) from 2013 to 2016, will serve as a consultant.
As part of the announcement, a Track Advisory Council has been formed to assist in the support of this grassroots sanctioning body. Current member tracks include:
- Amarillo Dragway (Amarillo) and I-30 Dragway (Caddo Mills) in Texas
- Beacon Dragway (Paducah) and I-64 Motorplex (Owingsville) in Kentucky
- Beaver Springs Dragway (Beaver Springs) and Keystone Raceway Park (New Alexandria) in Pennsylvania
- Bunker Hill Dragstrip in Bunker Hill, Indiana
- Cherokee Race Park in Rogersville, Tennessee
- Cordova Dragway in Cordova, Illinois
- Darlington Dragway (Hartsville) and South Carolina Motorplex (Neeses) in South Carolina
- Eddyville Raceway Park (Oskaloosa) and Onawa Dragway (Onawa) in Iowa
- Empire Dragway in Leicester, New York
- Farmington Dragway (Mocksville) and Piedmont Dragway (Julian) in North Carolina
- Gulfport Dragway in Gulfport, Mississippi
- Hi-Line Dragstrip/PCMS Dragstrip in Malta, Montana
- Immokalee Regional Raceway (Immokalee) and North Florida Motorplex (Fountain) in Florida
- Lapeer International Dragway (Lapeer), Mid-Michigan Motorplex (Stanton), The Ubly Dragway (Ubly) and US 131 Motorsports Park (Martin) in Michigan
- Maryland International Raceway in Mechanicsville, Maryland
- Mo-Kan Dragway in Asbury, Missouri
- Prescott Raceway Park in Prescott, Arkansas
- US 13 Dragway in Delmar, Delaware
- Grand Bend Motorplex (Grand Bend) and St. Thomas Raceway (St. Thomas) in Ontario, Canada
Scott is also in talks with around 50 additional facilities and expects to announce further details in the next few weeks, according to published reports.
For more information, visit racewdra.com.