To increase the compression strength of Top Fuel and Funny Car pushrods, Trend Performance has moved to a premium quality H-13 tool steel.
The new H-series pushrod’s solid design is available for all pushrod race engines operating under extreme stresses that do not oil the rocker balls through the pushrods.
• Formed from 1/2″ solid bar stock, furnished with a 3/8″ ball on the lifter end, a 3/8″ cup on the rocker end and body diameters ground to 7/16″ or 1/2″
• Derived from H-13 tool steel
• Heat-treated to a hardness of 54 to 56 Rockwell then quenched and tempered to relieve stresses
• Case-hardened by nitriding to approx. .006″ to .008″ deep, which invests it with a surface hardness of up to 70 Rockwell
• Finished by hand, using fine sandpaper and ScotchBrite
For more info: http://trendperform.com/