June 2014 marks the 35th Anniversary of Scott Biesanz’ purchase of Goodson Tools & Supplies for Engine Builders. Biesanz has led the company since 1977 when Goodson Shop Supplies was a division of Winona Tool Manufacturing Co. The purchase of the company was finalized on June 4, 1979 and initially employed seven people. Today Goodson Tools & Supplies for Engine Builders employs 38 in three states.
Over the years, Biesanz has emphasized customer service and innovation. In a January 2000 interview he said, “We believe that customers are friends who deserve dedication. Everything we do is driven by that idea.” Today, Biesanz echoed that saying, “I think old time values like quality and service are even more attractive today as the industry becomes more automated and impersonal.”
Important milestones during Biesanz’ years at Goodson include:
- 1982 – First In-House Crankshaft Grinding Wheel Resizing was performed
- 1984 – Ground breaking for the new facility took place in November
- 1995 – Goodson facility was expanded
- 1995 – Goodson.com was launched
- 1996 – Goodtool Brake Service division was started
- 1997 – Goodson introduced the 3-D Fast Cut™ Multi-Angle Seat Cutting System
- 2003 – First Goodson catalog in Spanish was printed, featuring 44 pages of the company’s most popular export products
- 2004 – Goodson purchased Mach Grinding Wheel, operating it as Mach-B Grinding Wheel Resizing & Reshaping, a division of Goodson Shop Supplies
- 2010 – Goodson begins Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery within the continental US
- 2012 – Goodson purchases all assets of Goodtool Brake Service Tools & Supplies
- 2014 – Goodson purchases Kwik-Way Valve Seat Grinding Equipment & Supplies division with plans to manufacture and distribute the full product line.
Throughout the month of June, Goodson will be celebrating Biesanz’ 35th Anniversary as company owner.