Built with the finest materials available, our Camshaft Belt Drives feature several performance and valve train stability enhancements over traditional timing chains and gear drives. The Gates patented High Torq Drive™ reinforced belt spins dry on a steel crank pulley and a hard coated aluminum upper pulley and helps isolate crankshaft harmonics to the valve train. Teflon® coated high vacuum cam and crank seals are long lasting and insure the extreme amount of vacuum found in today’s race engines stays sealed in the crankcase. Cam timing can be externally adjustable ±10° in minutes to dial in the power curve and cam thrust can be reduced to as little as .001” with our available dual thrust cam adapter assemblies.
Another advantage to running our Camshaft Belt Drive is the ability to swap out cams directly through the front cover. Cam swaps can be performed quickly without needing to remove the oil pan by simply removing the upper cam pulley and un-bolting cam seal plate saving countless hours during dyno sessions.
Features and Benefits
- Patented High Torq Drive™ reinforced belt runs dry, spins with less friction than timing chains or gear drives and absorbs harmonics.
- Kit hardware is all Grade 8 Allen and Torx™ head design.
- Cam timing is externally adjustable.
- 2 Piece Upper Pulley is infinitely adjustable ±10°.
- Crank Pulley is heat-treated steel and incorporates a High Torq Drive™ tooth configuration.
- Hard coated Billet Aluminum Upper Pulley features patented High Torq Drive™ tooth configuration.
- Teflon® coated high vacuum cam and crank seals.
- Accessories available to run distributor drives, fuel pumps or oil pumps off front of cam.