Make your Cummins, Duramax, or Powerstroke diesel even more powerful and fuel efficient with fewer emissions with a United Engine and Machine Speed of Air Hyperformance Piston and Ring Kit. The pistons feature patented technology from Speed of Air Engine Technologies, a company that helps make internal combustion engines.
The Hyperformance piston crowns have machined dimples and a Cerakote thermal barrier ceramic coating. Together, they create a turbulent boundary layer between the incoming air/fuel mixture and accompanying flame front and the combustion chamber walls. This boundary forces the flame front to get much closer to the cooler combustion chamber and a lean burn condition that greatly improves combustion efficiency.
The benefits are impressive:
• Substantial increases in horsepower and torque
• Increase in fuel economy of up to 20% due to more efficient fuel burning
• Reduced NOx, CO2, and hydrocarbon emissions
• Increased engine life
• Reduced exhaust gas temperatures
• Reduced regen cycles and DEF use
Since diesels exert enormous pressure on the top piston rings, United Engine Machine gave the Hyperformance pistons an iron insert for the rings to ride against. Without the insert, the rings would beat themselves against the pistons’ softer aluminum alloy, eventually destroying both. The pistons also have a Cerakote thermal barrier coating on the skirts to better resist high temperatures up to 1,800 degrees F.
United Engine and Machine Speed of Air Hyperformance Piston Kits come with wrist pins, wrist pin retainers, and a ring set with gapless secondary rings. They’re available for these engines in standard bore and various overbores:
• 2001-17 GM Duramax 6.6L
• 1994-2003 Ford 7.3L Navistar
• 2004-20 Ford 6.0L, 6.4L, and 6.7L Powerstroke
• 1994-98 Dodge Cummins 5.9L 12-valve
• 1998-2018 Dodge/RAM Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L 24-valve