Do easy valve spring swaps with the cylinder heads mounted on the engine with an LSM Racing Valve Spring Removal Tool. Here’s how it works:
- Remove the rocker arm and loosen the adjuster nuts on the tool
- Mount the tool to the rocker stand and align it for the valve angle
- Bring the piston up to TDC or pump the cylinder full of air to hold the valves in place
- Screw the tool down to compress the spring, remove the valve locks, and back off the
- Remove the spring and reverse the procedure to install a new spring
To really speed up the process, get yourself an LSM Racing Speed Handle. It mounts to the valve spring removal tool so you can spin on and off the compressor even faster.
The LSM Racing Valve Spring Removal Tool body is made of high-grade aluminum with a red anodized finish, while the adjusters and compressor assembly are made from high-quality steel. The tool can handle up to 1,000-lbs. of spring pressure—plenty of grunt for even the gnarliest of performance engines. They are available for all makes and models of classic and modern American V8 engines.