Back in 2010, Goodson introduced the Hyper-Finish Diamond Valve Guide Sizing System to the world market. Toward the end of 2020, they released the New, Improved Hyper-Finish Valve Guide Sizing System, now known as the Black Diamond Hyper-Finish Valve Guide Honing System.
The tool works essentially the same, but it is now made using CNC manufacturing techniques, the Black Diamond Hyper-Finish is more durable and accurate than it’s predecessor. As before, the drive head (HF-100) fits every size mandrel assembly and features a Quick-Change set-up. The diamond abrasive produces a 25 Ra finish in soft guides and an 8 to 10 Ra finish in hardened guides.
The Complete Kit includes:
- Drive Head (HF-100)
- 7.00mm Mandrel Assembly (BHFM-271C)
- .312″ Mandrel Assembly (BHFM-307C)
- .343″ Mandrel Assembly (BHFM-344C)
- .375″ Mandrel Assembly (BHFM-350C)
- 7.0mm x 1-1/4″ Nylon Bristle Valve Guide Brush (GVP-11N)
- 5/16″ x 2-1/2″ Nylon Bristle Valve Guide Brush (GVP-1N)
- 11/32″ x 2-1/2″ Nylon Bristle Valve Guide Brush (GVP-2N)
- 3/8″ x 2-1/2″ Nylon Bristle Valve Guide Brush (GVP-3N)
- 8 ounce bottle Diamond Honing Oil (DHO-8)